Its sometimes fun to eat steamed/grilled/broiled veggies with Indian curries too! I've stopped waiting to buy zucchini and red and yellow peppers only when there's a western meal being cooked. Today I made these very lightly cooked veggies to eat with curry for lunch. These are the veggies I had at home. If you like, add mushrooms and baby corn to the list too.
2 red peppers
2 green peppers
2 yellow peppers
1 teaspoon garlic paste/chopped garlic
1 cup of chopped spring onions
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash - Clean - Chop all veggies
2. Heat 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil
3. Add garlic paste or chopped garlic
4. Add veggies, stir on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Simmer and cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
* Because I like a bit of a kick to my food I added a bit of the habanero chilli oil I made from the habanero's growing in my garden. You can also use red chilli flakes. I have a posting on my habanero pepper tree, if you look under the label for Vegetarian.